Top 10 Indian Super Foods That Help You Lose Weight But Not Nutrition
A powerful super food, the Indian Gooseberry or Amla is rich in Vitamin-C, dietary fibre, essential vitamins like vitamins A and B-6
These are the 5 top Indian superfoods, guaranteed to keep you healthy and active.
- Indian food is renowned worldwide for its taste and its nutritious value.
- Tomatoes, Yogurt, spinach are some top Indian superfoods.
- Flaxseeds and the Indian gooseberry are other great options.
Food is probably the most vital aspect of our overall health and well-being. That is why doctors and experts always stress the importance of taking a balanced and a nutrient-rich diet. In India, food is a culture, with so much significance attached to it in every single household of the country. Indian food is renowned the world over, both for its lip-smacking taste as well as for its nutritious value, and great health benefits. We have yet another reason for you to love India even more.
Top 10 Indian super foods that offer amazing health benefits:
1. Spinach (Paalak): Apart from being a delicious additive to your favorite dal and curries, spinach is a storehouse of nutritional value. It is one of the best sources of dietary potassium and magnesium, which are helpful for boosting your metabolic activity, muscular and nervous health, keeping heart health intact, maintaining the responsiveness of the immune system and regulating blood pressure. Apart from that, spinach is also high in vitamin K, thiamine, fibre, and phosphorus.
3. Tomatoes: Apart from the heavenly juiciness, there are more important things that tomatoes have to offer. Tomatoes are rich in alpha and beta carotenes, lutein, Vitamins A, K, B1, B3, B5, B6, B7 and C, and essential minerals like iron, folate, potassium, magnesium, chromium, choline, zinc, and phosphorus and other phytonutrients. Tomatoes are great for heart and kidney health. They are also effective in treating gall bladder stones. Plus, they promote healthier skin and hair. They are also even believed to lower down risk of some types of cancers.
6. Turmeric: Turmeric has been used to solve several health issues since time immemorial.Though having large quantities of turmeric is surely not a way to lose weight, but turmeric is said to reduce the inflammation associated with obesity. Turmeric has certain amounts of polyphenol, curcumin that possesses anti-inflammatory and anti obesity properties. Hence, it can give your weight loss plan a boost.
Also read: 5 Reasons Why Ghee Is A Must For You
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.