Amla - A Treasure Of Health Benefits
Amla is one of the most important foods in Ayurvedic medicine and is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals which are essential for the body.
Amla has numerous vitamins and minerals essential for the body.
- Amla helps in preventing diseases.
- Amla is a great source of Vitamin C.
- Regular consumption of Amla prevents damage caused by alcohol in body.
It helps cure colds and sore throats as it is a very rich source of vitamin C. Take about 2 teaspoons of amla powder and mix it with honey and consume this 3-4 times a day for immediate and effective results.
- As it is rich in fiber, it also helps relieve constipation.
- If taken in liquid form, amla can also cure mouth ulcers. Dilute amla juice in half a cup of water and gargle.
- Amla also helps in reducing arthritis-related pain. Snack on dried amla or have it fresh and raw. Both work.
- If you are dieting, try including amla in your diet as it improves metabolism and aids in faster digestion.
- It helps reduce blood sugar, and fight against heart disease.
- Regular consumption of Amla can ward off the ill effects that alcohol has on your liver. It also prevents the oxidative damage that is usually caused by it.
- Want to know how to incorporate it into your daily routine? Here are some simple ways:
- It is best to have amla juice first thing in the morning. Have a small portion (20-30 ml) diluted in a glass of water. You can choose to mix a bit of lemon juice and honey as well.
- Try mixing amla juice with jamun (Indian blackberry) and karela juice (bitter gourd) to manage diabetes better.
- If you have amla powder, warm a cup of milk on the stove, add 1 tbsp of amla powder and stir thoroughly with a spoon. You can add 1 tbsp of honey to taste as well.
- To consume fresh amla, eat it alone or dip it in honey, since amla has a very sour taste.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.