6 Tips For Your Night Time Skincare Routine Recommended By Dermatologist Dr Kiran Lohia
Night time skincare routine: If you want a young and glowing skin that is acne and blemish free, then following a proper night time skincare routine can take you a long way. Read here to know what dermatologist Dr Kiran Lohia suggests for night time skincare routine.
Skincare tips: Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser at night
- Cleanse your face thoroughly at night to prevent acne and blemishes
- Use cleansers that are less foam
- Salicylic acid or a benzoyl peroxide can help in reducing acne
Following a proper day and night time routine for skin can help you have a young and glowing skin. A lot has been said and suggested for day time skincare routine, but what about a routine that you can follow for night? Following a proper night time skincare routine is especially important for those who apply make-up on regularly. To avoid dark circles, acne and blemishes on skin, a night time skincare routine can take you a long way. Suggesting a few tips about following a proper skincare routine for night is dermatologist Dr Kiran Lohia.
Dermatologist recommended night time skincare routine
She took to Instagram to share tips to follow before bedtime for appropriate skincare. "Our skin repairs and rejuvenates when we sleep, so your night time routine becomes really key," she writes in the caption of her post.
Just like day time skincare routine, your night time skin care routine will also depend on your skin type, your particular needs and any underlying skin condition if you are suffering from. Dr Kiran suggests the following tips for night time skincare:
1. If you are looking forward to anti-ageing skincare regime, then you should opt for retinol or alpha hydroxy acid serums.
2. For those aspiring for brightening of skin, alpha hydroxy serums, Vitamin C or antioxidants like ferulic acid can work.
3. If you are someone who is troubled by acne, then salicylic acid or a benzoyl peroxide can be helpful.
4. Make sure you cleanse your face properly at night. Chose a cleanser based on your skin type. Avoid using foamy skin cleansers as they can disturb pH balance of your skin. You can also give your skin a detox by cleansing your face with plain water.
5. Your night time serum for skin should also be perfectly suited for your skin. a
6. Make sure you moisturise your skin at night. Moisturiser should be according to your skin type and needs.
Following are other skincare tips you can follow at night
- Do not forget to remove your make-up. Give your skin the time to breathe by carefully removing make-up. Never ever sleep with your make-up on. Use micellar water or cleansing lotions that suit your skin for removing your make-up.
- Apart from following the aforementioned tips, you can also apply an under-eye cream at night. They can hydrate the thin skin under your eyes.
- If you have the time, you can also apply a hydrating mask or clay mask at night. The key to help skin rejuvenate itself after full day of make-up, dust, dirt and exposure to the sun.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.