Turmeric Milk: 8 Health Benefits Confirmed By Our Expert
Turmeric milk: From its anti-inflammatory to antiseptic and healing properties, here are all the reasons why you should be having turmeric milk every day.
Drinking turmeric milk at night can help you sleep well
- Drinking turmeric milk can boost immunity
- It can improve body's ability to fight infections and diseases
- Turmeric milk works best when consumed at bedtime
Turmeric milk, a beverage which has gained massive popularity in recent times, is surely a blessing in disguise. Adding turmeric powder to the milk yields a golden-coloured milk, which can offer an array of health benefits. During the COVID-19 pandemic, turmeric milk gained more popularity because of its immunity-boosting properties. Many popular brands are now commercially selling turmeric milk in bottles, packets and tetra packs, just like chocolate or strawberry-flavoured milk. Whats more, the beverage is now listed in the menus of some of the highly coveted cofee shops. In this article, we are going to discuss the many ways this golden milk can benefit your health.
Turmeric milk: Understanding the many ways it helps our body
1. Increase immunity: It has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties, hence is always advised to be taken in season of flu, cold, cough
2. Turmeric milk has forever been most popular for its anti-inflammatory effects; in turn it helps in easing the heart condition, arthritis etc.
3. If we encounter any kind of wounds, this is the first thing our elders will ask us to have; it is because of its healing properties and as it effects against cell damage.
4. Improves brain functioning, memory and helps in having good sleep: There are various studies which state that turmeric have effect on brain function and improvise on that, drinking warm turmeric milk at night helps those who face sleeping troubles.
5. Maintains hormonal balance: In females it aids regular periods and can cure acne. Application of turmeric directly on the skin also yields good results. The haldi ceremony performed as a ritual in Indian wedding signify the same thing.
Also read: 6 Natural Ways To Boost Happiness Hormones
6. Regulates blood sugar level: Different studies have shown that it helps in regulating blood sugar levels of different patients of Type 2 Diabetes and also reduce risk of cancer.
7. Helps in digestion: It also helps in regulating acid balance in the body hence reducing acidity etc. Though too much can cause irritation etc. so a pinch of haldi added on the milk can give beautiful benefits.
8. Antioxidant properties: Turmeric Milk has antioxidant properties which have several benefits to the body
For added benefits, you can add following to turmeric milk and have additional benefits:
- Black pepper
- White pepper
(Vandita Jain is Delhi-based nutritionist and Diabetes educator)
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.