Beat The Heat With Exercises By The Pool Suggested By Yasmin Karachiwala
These exercises can be done anytime, anywhere!
Exercising in summer can be tedious
- Exercising in summer can be difficult because of sweltering heat
- Working out by the pool can be fun and soothing
- Incline push-ups can be effectively done by the pool
A dip in the pool sounds synonymous with relaxation. Well, to us and to Yasmin Karachiwala, it is synonymous with fitness! It is that time of the year again. Summer heat will slowly dawn upon you and everything will become more inconvenient and tiring. But need not worry as Yasmin Karachiwala is here to your rescue. Recently, the celebrity fitness expert took to Instagram to share some exercises which can be done by the pool! On sultry hot days when even stepping out of the house seems like a big deal, these exercises by the pool can help you feel energised and refreshed like never before.
During that time of the year when gyms are packed with people willing to stay fit while avoiding the heat, there is one spot for workouts which usually goes unnoticed. Yes, it is poolside.
The interesting aspect of working by the pool is the constant sound of water and the soothing ripples. Summer is the time when constant sweating and heat makes exercising very tedious.
So following are the exercises which Yasmin suggests could be done by the pool:
1. The first and the foremost exercise is Walking Lunges. This exercise is beneficial in improving balance, boosting functionality, improving flexibility of the hips, toning of muscles and improving stability of the core. You can do 15 reps in 3 sets of Walking Lunges.
Also read: Ladies, Get A Flat Tummy With These Super Effective Abs Exercises
2. The next exercise is the Incline Push-Up which should be done in 15 reps of 3 sets. This is a strength training exercise which helps in development of muscles which are responsible for balance.
3. Triceps Dips is the next exercise which can be effectively done by the pool. The exercise engages chest, lower back, forearm and shoulders. Triceps dips are considered one of the most effective triceps exercises because of lack of momentum in the dip movement. This helps in keeping the muscles contracted throughout the exercise. Also, be careful of not shrugging shoulders or ears and focus on extending hips in between the reps. You can do 15 reps in 3 sets of triceps dips.
Also read: 4 Exercises That Will Help Widen Your Shoulders
4. The next exercise is Plank With Leg Raise. This exercise should be done by engaging your core. Focus on keeping the pelvis stable as you elongate and raise your legs, recommends Yasmin. You can do 10 reps in 3 sets of Planks With Leg Raise.
5. Finally, you can do an exercise like Squat Jacks by the pool as well. This exercise can be an effective addition to your daily cardio sessions. It is a lower body routine which helps in improving aerobic fitness and strength of the lower body. By engaging your core, this exercise also helps in improving your stability and posture. While doing Squat Jacks, make sure that you are low enough and your heartrate is pumping. You can do 20 reps in 3 sets of squat jacks.
Here's wishing a very happy fitness this summer.
Also read: Want To Swan Dive Like Deepika Padukone? Know All About The Exercise Here
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.