How To Make Your Skin Glow During Monsoons
Don't be afraid to step out in the rains and retain your glow with these skin care tips in hand. Skin and beauty tips for this monsoon.
During the monsoons, your skin pores can get clogged with oil and grime so clean your face often
Here are 6 tips to retain a mesmerizing glow on your skin through the monsoon season:
- Clean it often. With the dense atmosphere during the monsoons, your skin pores can get clogged with oil and grime. Clean your face, hands and legs with a non-alcoholic, soap free cleanser or face wash at least 2 times every day, without fail.
- Moisturize generously. Monsoon can also mean dry skin for some. And while the weather has moisture, don't think your skin magically has it too. You can use water based lotions if your skin is too oily but nourishing it is must to keep it healthy and supple.
- Don't toss back the sunscreen. Even if your can't see the sun behind the clouds, its ultraviolet rays are dangerous for your skin. Prolonged exposure of skin to UV rays can accelerate ageing. Invest in a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above.
- Stay hydrated. It's easy to forget drinking water in a humid weather. Try squeezing a lemon or adding mint leaves to the water so you enjoy drinking it more. If you aren't well hydrated your skin can become dark and lifeless, robbing you of any glow.
- Let your skin breathe. Don't cover your feet in shoes always. Most bacteria grow in moist areas and so it's important that your dry your hands, feet and face immediately after getting wet or you may have to play host to fungal infections on your skin.
- Eat right. It's a good idea to cut down on dairy and increase omega 3 in your diet during monsoon. Yogurt however is cooling and a safe option to get glowing skin.
|More from doctor ndtv|
-------------------------------- Advertisement -----------------------------------