Turmeric Drink: Quick To Make Turmeric Drink For An Instant Boost To Metabolism And Immunity
This turmeric beverage is easy to prepare and includes some common kitchen ingredients. It contains a magical blend of spices, raw honey and coconut oil.
This turmeric beverage can prevent you from falling sick during monsoons
- The turmeric beverage is made with some wholesome ingredients
- The ingredients can be easily found in your kitchen
- The drink can be made easily and quickly
With monsoon season soon approaching, it's about time you started working on your immunity to prevent falling sick. Lifestyle coach Luke Coutinho is right on point for this. He recently took to social media to share details of an immunity boosting turmeric beverage, that can be your go-to option for good health during monsoon. This beverage is easy to prepare and includes some common kitchen ingredients. It contains a magical blend of spices, raw honey and coconut oil. Not only is it great for immunity, it is also detoxifying in nature. It can give a boost to your metabolism, skin and hair health. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that are going work wonders for you, especially during monsoon season.
Turmeric beverage to boost your immunity this monsoon
How to prepare turmeric drink at home
To prepare this turmeric beverage, you need fresh, preferably homemade coconut or almond milk (1 cup), freshly ground turmeric (1 tsp), some rolled cinnamon (1/4 tsp), mashed ginger (about an inch), ginger powder (1/4 tsp), star anise (1), raw cold pressed virgin coconut oil (1 tsp) and crushed black pepper (1/4 tsp). Add jaggery powder or honey to make the drink sweeter.
Aren't these ingredients so wholesome? They are nourishing and each one of them provides the body with several health benefits.
To prepare the drink, warm coconut milk or almond milk (whichever you choose), and add all the ingredients apart from coconut oil and jaggery or honey. Strain and then add coconut oil and jaggery or honey. You can sip this turmeric beverage warm. It is meant for both kids and adults.
Benefits of turmeric drink
- The drink can give you a glowing skin. Milk and turmeric together make powerful ingredients that can help you have a young and glowing skin.
- If you are suffering from cold and sore throat, then this turmeric drink can be your go-to option for quick relief and cure.
- The drink is made with ingredients that give a boost to your digestion. Star anise, ginger and turmeric are all great for your digestion.
- Turmeric drink can help in reducing inflammation and joint pain. This is because of anti-inflammatory properties.
- Curcumin in turmeric can improve your mood and reduce symptoms of depression.
A word of caution
You must check your medical practitioner before trying any new food or drink. In case you have a medical condition, s/he will tell you if all these ingredients will suit you or not.
(Luke Coutinho, Holistic Lifestyle Coach - Integrative Medicine)
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information,
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.