Eat Walnuts Daily: 10 Amazing Health Benefits You Cannot Afford To Miss; Know How Many Walnuts You Should Eat In A Day
Health benefit of walnuts: Walnuts are incredibly beneficial for the human body. It is advised to consume walnuts on daily basis. From heart health to better blood sugar levels. There are multiple health benefits of eating walnuts. Here are the reasons why you must eat walnuts daily.
Walnuts Benefits: Walnuts can help you improve heart health
- Walnuts are a good source of omega 3 for vegetarians
- You must add walnuts to your daily diet
- Walnuts can keep you full for longer
Nuts are extremely healthy for the human body. You must add nuts to your daily diet to achieve multiple nutrients at the same time. Walnuts are also extremely healthy which you must consume daily. Walnuts are a powerhouse of nutrients. It is rich in a variety of nutrients therefore, it is advised to consume walnuts regularly. It is a superfood which offers numerous health benefits. It is a powerful plant based source of essential omega-3 fatty acids. Here are the amazing health benefits of walnuts. These are the reasons why you must add walnuts to your daily diet.
Walnuts health benefits: Reasons why you should eat walnuts daily
Chief Dietician Ms. Pavithra N Raj explained, "Walnuts are rich in Omega 3 fats called alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and Omega 6 fatty acids called linoleic acid. Also, with a high amount of antioxidants, fiber and an excellent source of vitamin and minerals walnuts should be an essential part of your diet.
Walnuts also contain copper and magnesium which are the major minerals which promote heart health and maintain bone and collagen. The mono and polyunsaturated fats found in walnuts will decrease the LDL (bad cholesterol) and triglycerides levels. It also contains iron, selenium, calcium, zinc, vitamin E and some B vitamins which are the micronutrients necessary for the body.
The fiber content in the walnuts helps to clean the digestive tract, it aids in detoxification by the removal of toxins and waste. It relieves constipation and also melatonin content in the walnuts will help regulate sleep."
1. It is a powerful source of plant-based omega-3
2. Walnuts are rich in antioxidants which makes it good for heart health and also improves cholesterol levels
3. Walnuts promote better digestion and a healthy gut
4. It keeps you full for longer which will make you eat less and helps in weight loss, but consume in a restricted quantity
5. It can help you manage diabetes effectively
6. It supports brain function
7. Walnuts also promote male reproductive health
8. Walnuts can also help you fight inflammation
9. Consumption of walnuts also improve bone health
10. Walnut may also help you control blood pressure
How many walnuts should you eat in a day?
(Ms. Pavithra N Raj, Chief Dietician, Columbia Asia Referral Hospital Yeshwanthpur)
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.