After graduating from Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi, and obtaining post graduate and post doctoral qualification in cardiology from University of Delhi, Prof. K. K. Sethi served on the faculty of Cardiology, G. B. Pant Hospital, University of Delhi for about 20 years, where he rose to the position of Professor of Cardiology.
His primary areas of interest have been cardiac arrhythmias and cardiac interventions; in both Dr. Sethi has been one of the pioneers in India. Prof. Sethi has been President of Cardiology Society of India and Member of Executive Council of Asia Pacific Society of Cardiology. He has been the editor of Indian Heart Journal, and is a member of the editorial board of Journal of Invasive Cardiac Electrophysiology. He has been awarded several national awards and orations. He is a Fellow of American College of Cardiology, Fellow of Cardiological Society of India, Fellow of Heart Rhythm Society (USA) and Fellow of Indian Society of Electrocardiology.
- Padma Shri – 2006
- Life Time Achievement Award 2016 by Cardiology Society of India, Delhi Branch
- Distinguished Faculty Award -2015 by Govind Ballabh Pant Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, New Delhi (March 2015)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award for 2013 by Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi 2014)
- World Health Initiative for Peace (WHIP)” - 2013
- “Chikitsa Ratan” Award from Delhi Medical Association – 2010
- Global Achievers Award from Global Punjabi Society – 2010
- The Andreas Gruentzig Distinguished Interventional Cardiologist Award of Cardio Vascular Society of India – 2008.
- WCCPC – 2006 Life Time Achievement Award by His Excellency Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, President of India, for outstanding contribution in cardiology.
- Carrier Achievement Award - Indian Heart Rhythm Society. - 2007
- Rotary President’s Recognition Award, Rotary Club of India – 2007
- Maulana Azad Medical College Old Students (MAMCOS) Award for Exemplary Services-2005.
- Delhi Medical Association Legend in Cardiology -2005
- National Award for Excellence in Medicine – 1999
- B C Roy Memorial Doctors State Award, Govt. of NCT of Delhi - 1998
- Warner Heart Oration of Cardiological Society of India - 1988
- Award of Excellence in cardiac pacing, Australia - 1985
- Searle Award – 1983
- D P Basu Award – 1981
Prof. Sethi has had an excellent academic record and is well recognized by his peers, both nationally and internationally, as an academician, a teacher, and an administrator par excellence.