While on treatment for tuberculosis
It is essential to complete the TB treatment because the TB bacteria grow slowly in the body.
- It is very essential to complete the TB treatment because the TB bacteria grow slowly in the body and the treatment period is often long, up to 6-12 months.
- Proper rest and adequate sleep of at least 8 hours a day is required to calm down the mind and the body during tuberculosis.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while on tuberculosis treatment as it can increase drug side effects and toxicity, both of which can badly affect the liver.
- It is important that you get some fresh air and perform yoga or other light exercises while suffering from TB.
- Waste tissues should be sealed in a bag and discarded. Wearing a mask helps lessen the risk of transmission of communicable diseases like TB.