While on treatment for tuberculosis
It is essential to complete the TB treatment because the TB bacteria grow slowly in the body.
- It is very essential to complete the TB treatment because the TB bacteria grow slowly in the body and the treatment period is often long, up to 6-12 months.
- Proper rest and adequate sleep of at least 8 hours a day is required to calm down the mind and the body during tuberculosis.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while on tuberculosis treatment as it can increase drug side effects and toxicity, both of which can badly affect the liver.
- It is important that you get some fresh air and perform yoga or other light exercises while suffering from TB.
- Waste tissues should be sealed in a bag and discarded. Wearing a mask helps lessen the risk of transmission of communicable diseases like TB.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.