Monsoon Skincare: This Rainy Season Follow These Expert Tips For Glowing Skin
Monsoon Skincare tips: You must make all necessary modification to your skincare routine to prevent skin related problems. Here are some expert tips you can follow this rainy season.
Skincare tips: Choose right products to prevent skin issues during monsoon
- Choose a healthy diet to prevent skin issues
- Add vitamin C to your diet
- Drink enough water throughout the day
Monsson is here! With some relief from the hot temperature, the rainy season also requires some changes in your diet and lifestyle. Your skincare and haircare routine also require necessary changes to adjust with monsoon. During rainy season humidity also increases. There are also increased chances of acne development as the possibility of getting affected from an infection or bacteria are higher during monsoon. Dermatologist and Cosmetologist, Dr. Sravya Chowdary Tipirneni from Columbia Asia Hospital explains tips one can follow during monsoon for healthy skin.
Skincare tips: Expert tips to prevent skin problems during monsoon
1. Change your products not your skincare routine
- Switch from moisturising cleansers to fruit acid cleansers like glycolic/mandelic acids.
- Your cream-based or oil-based moisturisers should be switched to water or gel-based products.
- Do not apply any skincare product in large amounts to avoid clogged pores. The humid weather can also keep your skin moisturised.
- Let your skin breathe. Remove makeup before bed and avoid applying to make layers of any skincare or makeup product.
2. Cleansing just once a day is not enough. Wash your face 2-3 times a day.
3. Switch to water-based and lighter make-up. Mousses work better than heavy liquid foundations.
4. Sunscreen is essential for every season. Hydration and gel-based sunscreens a must during monsoon.
5. Eat a rainbow diet to keep antioxidant fighters in your body up to date! A rainbow diet can also help boost immunity. Do not forget to add enough amount of vitamin C to your diet.
6. Minimize oiling your hair. The oil seeps down onto the face, aggravating acne. You should oil your hair only 30 minutes prior to hair wash.
7. Do not forget to moisturise your lips with an SPF infused lip balm.
You can also try gentle home remedies but with caution. Do not blindly follow all internet suggestions. It is important to understand your skin type before trying anything new for your skin. Here's one of the best home remedies routine that works wonders for your skin.
Choose some natural alternatives for your CTM regime (Cleansing, toning and moisturising)
For cleansing: Rosewater/ diluted apple cider vinegar/ diluted tea tree oil
For toning: Green tea/ chamomile tea
For moisturising: Cucumber/ hemp seed oil
(Dr. Sravya Chowdary Tipirneni, Consultant Dermatologist and Cosmetologist, Columbia Asia Hospital Whitefield)
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.