This Is The Right Way To Eat Garlic For Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure
Garlic contains an enzyme called alliinase, which has the capability of converting alliin into allicin. Allicin works only under certain conditions and can be deactivated by heat.
Add more than 1 garlic clove in every meal to reap maximum benefits from it
- Garlic is a versatile spice with medicinal properties
- To reap maximum benefits from garlic, you need to eat it in the right way
- Garlic can help in keeping blood pressure under control
Garlic is a superfood that offers multiple health benefits. However, what really matters is the way you eat garlic. Including garlic in nearly in all your meals. One clove of garlic, or more in your salads and meal preparations can do wonders in terms of improving your digestion, keeping your blood pressure under control and aiding weight loss. In this article, we talk about the ways in which you should eat garlic to reap maximum benefits from it. This is important because the way garlic is processed or prepared can change its health benefits.
The right way to eat garlic for weight loss, high blood pressure
Garlic contains an enzyme called alliinase, which has the capability of converting alliin into allicin. Allicin works only under certain conditions and can be deactivated by heat. A study in journal of nutrition found that microwaving garlic for anything between 60 seconds or putting it the oven for over 45 minutes can deactivate alliinase.
In the same study, it was found that crushing or allowing it to stay for 10 before adding the ingredient to your dish can retain the medicinal properties that it is famous for.
Another way to make the most of the health benefits of garlic is by using it in more amounts in your food.
To reap maximum benefits from garlic, do the following:
1. Slice or crush garlic before eating it as it increases allicin conten.
2. If you are using crushed or sliced garlic for cooking, make sure you let it stay for 10 minutes before cooking.
3. Use more than one clove of garlic per meal if possible.
Also read: 5 Powerful Benefits Of Garlic Tea
Health benefits of garlic you can count on
1. Garlic is low in calories and can be included in your weight loss diet.
2. Garlic is beneficial for people with high blood pressure. People with high blood pressure must make sure that they include garlic in their diet.
4. Garlic can also regulate cholesterol levels in the body. It can total and ldl or bad cholesterol levels.
5. Garlic can help in improving digestion. Start your day with garlic and it can help in flushing out harmful toxins from the body.
Disclaimer: this content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. Ndtv does not claim responsibility for this information.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.