Not Just An Apple, But A Pomegranate A Day Can Also Keep The Doctor Away
Forget an apple a day, have pomegranates as this divine fruit helps treat diarrhoea, cancer and boosts immunity. These are just a handful, but the fruit has a lot more health advantages for your skin, body and hair.
Pomegranate has more antioxidants than green tea
- Pomegranate has thrice the level of antioxidants than tea
- Pomegranate is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Pomegranate juice can cure all stomach disorders
Here are a few benefits of pomegranate that you will be both surprised and pleased to know.
1. Stomach disorders: Pomegranate juice can help you get rid of all kinds of stomach problems and Diarrhoea. Tea made from pomegranate leaves helps in reducing digestive problems and curing diseases like Dysentery and Cholera.
3. Heart diseases: A research study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition states that pomegranates are rich in antioxidants and can prevent the oxidization of LDL cholesterol, also known as 'bad' cholesterol. Basically, eating pomegranates or drinking pomegranate juice makes blood thinner. As the blood is thinner reducing the formation of clots in arteries, the risk of a heart attack and stroke goes down.
5. Boosts immunity: Whenever a person recovers from an illness, doctors prescribe pomegranate juice for quick recovery. The fruit helps in the development of immunity for people suffering from immune-related disorders like rheumatoid arthritis. A study conducted by Queen Margaret University stated that people who drank pomegranate juice had lower levels of cortisol, a stress hormone that is increased under stressful situations.
Apart from the above mentioned advantages, pomegranate juice has high estrogenic properties which help in dealing with fertility problems. If taken regularly, the fruit can also help you shed those extra kilos. It has varied skin benefits as well. The juice helps prevent wrinkles and keeps the skin young and glowing. It also helps ladies overcome the symptoms of post-menopausal depression.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.