List Of Foods Good for Your Teeth
The kind of food you eat is important in keeping teeth and gums healthy. Certain foods with sugars and starches can lead to tooth decay.
Nutrition tips for healthy teeth:
- Avoid foods with high concentration of sugar such as ice cream, halwa, gulab jamun, barfi and other sweets.
- Eat more nutritious foods with less sugar such as milk, rice, meat, fruits and fish etc.
- Most of the refreshing drinks and aerated drinks have a high concentration of sugar, and hence should be restricted.
- It is advisable to eat sweet dishes along with the rest of the meal instead of taking them in between meals. This is so because during meals saliva production is increased during meals, and this helps in neutralising the acid that may damage the teeth.
- It is also important to note the food structure:
- Wet foods act for only a limited amount of time
- Tough foods are the safest because they increase saliva production and help in the self-cleaning of teeth
- Soft and sticky foods should be avoided because they attach and get between the teeth providing a favourable place for bacteria to grow.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.