Home care for boils
Gently wash the boil twice a day, apply an over-the-counter antibiotic and cover with a bandage.
- Apply a warm cloth to the affected area for approximately 30 minutes every few hours. If possible, soak the cloth in warm saltwater, which helps the boil rupture and drain more quickly.
- Gently wash the boil twice a day, apply an over-the-counter antibiotic and cover with a bandage.
- Never squeeze a boil - this can spread the infection.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after treating a boil and clothing that have touched the infected area.
- Avoid constricting clothing.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.