Travel during pregnancy
Pregnant women should take frequent breaks during a long journey.
- If the journey is long, frequent breaks (every hour preferably) are necessary to keep the circulation going in the body.
- If the seat belt has to be worn, it should be worn low on the hips and not on the abdomen to avoid undue pressure.
- Snacks should be carried on the journey to prevent the feeling of nausea and to maintain the energy levels in the body.
- A pillow etc. should be carried to use during uncomfortable
- The doctor should give a clearance for travel before the journey.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.