Travel during pregnancy
Pregnant women should take frequent breaks during a long journey.
- If the journey is long, frequent breaks (every hour preferably) are necessary to keep the circulation going in the body.
- If the seat belt has to be worn, it should be worn low on the hips and not on the abdomen to avoid undue pressure.
- Snacks should be carried on the journey to prevent the feeling of nausea and to maintain the energy levels in the body.
- A pillow etc. should be carried to use during uncomfortable
- The doctor should give a clearance for travel before the journey.