Don'ts during pregnancy
There are some things you should refrain from during the course of your pregnancy.
- Avoid taking more than 8,000 units of vitamin A per day.
- Don't do anything that can raise your body temperature too high (hot tubs, saunas or steam rooms).
- Smoking, drugs, alcohol and junk food should all be avoided during pregnancy. Try and reduce stress and tensions from life.
- Don't take over-the-counter medications or herbal remedies without first consulting your obstetrician.
- Cut down on caffeine as excess consumption during pregnancy is associated with prenatal risks.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.