Don'ts during pregnancy
There are some things you should refrain from during the course of your pregnancy.
- Avoid taking more than 8,000 units of vitamin A per day.
- Don't do anything that can raise your body temperature too high (hot tubs, saunas or steam rooms).
- Smoking, drugs, alcohol and junk food should all be avoided during pregnancy. Try and reduce stress and tensions from life.
- Don't take over-the-counter medications or herbal remedies without first consulting your obstetrician.
- Cut down on caffeine as excess consumption during pregnancy is associated with prenatal risks.