Tips on donating blood
Any healthy adult can donate blood: men once in every three months and women every four months.
- Please have a good meal at least 3 hours before donating blood.
- Please accept the snacks offered after the donation. It is
recommended to have a good meal later.
- Please avoid smoking on the day before donating. One can smoke 3
hours after donation.
- One is not eligible to donate blood if you have consumed
alcohol 48 hours before donation.
- Pregnant or lactating women, or those who have recently had an abortion or miscarriage should not donate blood.