Tips on donating blood
Any healthy adult can donate blood: men once in every three months and women every four months.
- Please have a good meal at least 3 hours before donating blood.
- Please accept the snacks offered after the donation. It is
recommended to have a good meal later.
- Please avoid smoking on the day before donating. One can smoke 3
hours after donation.
- One is not eligible to donate blood if you have consumed
alcohol 48 hours before donation.
- Pregnant or lactating women, or those who have recently had an abortion or miscarriage should not donate blood.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.