Preventing nasal congestion
Avoid caffeine such as in chocolate, coffee, tea and other byproducts of these foods and beverages.
- Avoid caffeine such as in chocolate, coffee, tea and other byproducts of these foods and beverages.
- Refined sugar is another mucous-causing food. Avoid foods with added sugars, especially ones high in refined and processed sugars.
- Avoid dairy products, especially milk, as they cause excess mucous to build up.
- Some carbohydrates produce excess phlegm in the nasal cavity, such as pasta, cereal and other bread-like foods made with white flour. These must be avoided.
- Soy also increases mucous in the body and can overload the mucous membranes throughout the body.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.