Fighting common cold
Have a healthy diet as it helps strengthen your immune system against the common cold virus.
- Drink plenty of liquids. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water with honey helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration.
- Avoid alcohol, coffee and caffeinated sodas, which make dehydration worse.
- A saltwater gargle - 1/2 teaspoon salt in a glass of warm water - can temporarily relieve a sore or scratchy throat.
- Get plenty of rest. If you are tired, your body's resistance decreases, making you more susceptible to common cold.
- Have a healthy diet as it helps strengthen your immune system against the virus.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.