Fighting common cold
Have a healthy diet as it helps strengthen your immune system against the common cold virus.
- Drink plenty of liquids. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water with honey helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration.
- Avoid alcohol, coffee and caffeinated sodas, which make dehydration worse.
- A saltwater gargle - 1/2 teaspoon salt in a glass of warm water - can temporarily relieve a sore or scratchy throat.
- Get plenty of rest. If you are tired, your body's resistance decreases, making you more susceptible to common cold.
- Have a healthy diet as it helps strengthen your immune system against the virus.