5 Steps To Improve Your Erection
Erectile dysfunction, though still not openly spoken about, has become a prevalent and serious medical condition nowadays and if not treated properly it can have serious and permanent repercussions.
Change your routine for a healthy sexual life
Alcohol in excessive amounts damages your testicles. Though it's not that quick in affecting your testosterone level, but you will be prone to increased risks for ED later on in your life. Alcohol introduces estrogen-like substances which affects your libido by decreasing your testosterone.
2. Blood pressure and medications
Abnormal blood pressure van damage the arteries in your penis, which would cut off the supply of oxygenated blood and would make it impossible to have an erection. Several medications which are used to regulate your blood pressure can cause erectile dysfunction. But don't just stop a prescribe medication on your own, always ask for medical guidance before taking any step.
A recent study states that almost 55 per cent of diabetics suffer from erectile dysfunction and the remaining 45 per cent will often experience difficulty in their sexual lifestyle. Increasing the intake of sugar will boost your glucose levels and this will lead to more secretion of Insulin in your blood stream. The excess amount of insulin plummets down your testosterone level and affects your erection.
4. Nutrition and Diet
A healthy diet is essential if you want to maintain your libido. If your food is not rich in anti-oxidants, there's a good chance you will have erection problems. Don't overeat and avoid excessive calories at any cost. Make sure your diet has enough food items to provide you the enough quantity of anti-oxidants, take blueberries for example.
Yet another food which has qualities similar to estrogen. A diet which has a high content of soy can be very harmful for your libido, by sapping down your testosterone levels. Soy is a major part of "protein shakes", and people who have an excess amount of those shakes often complain of erectile problems.
Also read: 5 Yoga Poses To Prevent Erectile Dysfunction
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.