Top 10 Tips To Prevent Overexertion
Working out for longer hours? Do not exert yourself beyond a certain limit. It can cause harmful impact on both body and mind. You are required to stay relaxed. This topic talks about what you should keep in mind while working out.
Avoid overexerting yourself while working out
Some of the tips you should keep in mind are:
- Limit the amount of weight you carry
- Make sure that your toes are always pointing in the same direction like that of your nose
- Avoid doing repetitive workouts as they create tension in the muscles
- Repeating certain movements for longer duration may increase your stress level
- Take breaks between your exercises
- Have a good sleep for at least 8 hours
- Keep yourself away from fatigue, dizziness etc.
Things you should do:
- Stretching and warming up before lifting
- Do not twist or bend your back while lifting
- Bend your knees
- Never lift weights with extended arms
- Lift with your legs and not with your back
- Check if your footing is solid with your foot- shoulder width apart
- Make sure you are keeping the load to be lifted closer to your body
- Limit your amount of weight you carry
- Keep your manner of walking smooth
- Be careful while walking to avoid tripping
Fitness is a way of life! Take precautionary measures while working out. If you have been prescribed any medications, then take them on time. In case, if any pain is escalating then speak to your doctor right away. Do not strain yourself at any cost. Take fitness to a level till where you can afford, do not put your health at stake.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.