Dandruff? Try These Most Effective Natural Remedies
Dandruff can be most annoying and embarrassing! But don't worry, it can be controlled easily with these most effective home remedies.
In India, 1 out of 5 people have dandruff trouble
Causes Of Dandruff:
- Oily scalp
- Sensitivity to hair products
- Excessive use of shampoos, hairsprays, hair curlers and gels.
- Infrequent shampooing
- Stress, anxiety and tension
- Improper use of hair colouring products.
You can use these simple home remedies to control dandruff:
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera can be applied directly on scalp and then washed with a mild or anti-dandruff shampoo.It soothes and moisturizes the dry scalp and removes dead skin cells.It has an anti-inflammatory compound called glycoproteins that reduces the inflammation and soothes itching sensation.
3. Apple cider Vinegar: The acidity of apple cider vinegar changes the pH of your scalp, making it harder for yeast to grow. Mix a quarter cup apple cider vinegar with a quarter cup water in a spray bottle and spray on your scalp. Wrap your head in a towel and let sit for 15 minutes to an hour, and then wash your hair as usual. Repeat this twice a week.
4. Garlic: Garlic has antimicrobial properties which are beneficial as an anti-fungal natural product. Crush garlic and rub it on your scalp. To avoid the smell of garlic you can add some honey and garlic to it.
5. Yogurt: The age-old lemon and yogurt combination works as a powerful anti-bacterial agent. Apply it to the scalp for 30 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. You can also add a few drops of oil for nourishment.
7. Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is a widely accepted dandruff treatment.it acts as an anti-fungal element .Add few drops of it to your shampoo and wash normally.
Also read: 5 Ways To Keep Your Hair Healthy And Shiny
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.