7 Home Remedies For Back Pain
There is nothing more annoying than a back pain. Unfortunately, it
Here are some home remedies for backache:
- Ice pack: ice works best as a pain reliever. You can use it twice or thrice a day. It even reduces swelling. An ice pack wrapped in a towel can reduce pain immediately.
- Maintain a correct posture: since most of us tend to sit down for longer periods of time, it is important to maintain the correct posture. Sitting properly can reduce the amount of strain on the back. Correct posture means having all the bones lined up neatly and your feet flat on the floor. You should also concentrate on the correct sleeping posture.
- Regular Massages: a good massage can not only relieve backache but also works as a stress buster. You can also use ointments for better results.
- Garlic: simply eat two to three cloves of garlic every morning on empty stomach. You can also massage your back with garlic oil. To make garlic oil, heat some coconut oil, mustard oil or sesame oil on low heat and then add 8 to 10 cloves of garlic to it. Fry the garlic until it is brown. Strain the oil and let it cool to room temperature. Massage your back gently with the oil. Leave it on for some time and then take a bath in warm water.
- Exercise regularly: the best way to prevent backache is to care for the back muscles and keep them in excellent physical condition. This requires back and abdominal exercises as a daily regime. Stretching exercises work the best for the back.
- Using Epsom bath salts: a bath tub with lukewarm water and Epsom bath salts can help you reduce backache. Epsom salts are available very easily. After a long working day it is the most relaxing thing to do. You must be careful about the water temperature.
- Add turmeric and honey to your milk: adding turmeric and honey to milk is the most traditional way to cure backache. It is something every grandmother has used and seemed to have worked. It can also cure other body and joint pains.
If your backache persists for longer and simple home remedies do not seem to be working, you mustn't ignore it but visit your doctor at the earliest.
|More from doctor ndtv|
-------------------------------- Advertisement -----------------------------------