First aid for bleeding wounds
Apply a clean pad of cotton larger than the size of the wound and press firmly with the palm until the bleeding stops.
- Place the patient in a comfortable position.
- Apply a clean pad of cotton larger than the size of the wound and press firmly with the palm until the bleeding becomes less or stops.
- If bleeding continues, add more pads of cotton without removing the older ones.
- When bleeding stops, clean the area with an antiseptic. Do not try to dislodge blood clots.
- Bandage firmly but not too tightly
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.