Keeping your heart healthy
Maintaining a healthy weight helps you reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
- Saturated fat affects blood cholesterol levels, so try to eat less full-fat dairy products, cakes, cookies, pastries and burgers. Replace these with monosaturated fats such as olive oil.
- Reducing salt intake can help reduce blood pressure. The recommended level is 6g a day for an adult.
- Make exercise a regular part of your life. Each day, do at least 30 minutes of physical activity that raises your heartbeat.
- Too much fat, especially around the abdomen or waist area, increases the risk for heart disease and stroke. So cut down abdominal fat.
- Maintaining a healthy weight helps you reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.