What causes depression?
Depression can be inherited i.e., the chance of a person having the condition increases considerably if one or more family members have it.
- Depression can be inherited i.e., the chance of a person having the condition increases considerably if one or more family members have it.
- Environmental factors like the death of a parent can cause a depressive episode.
- Physical illnesses like cancer, heart disease and Parkinson's disease may be associated with depression.
- Depression can also be a side effect of certain drugs used to treat hypertension.
- Some people have personality traits that make them more susceptible to depression. These people view themselves as losers and have a negative attitude towards themselves.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.