Playtime is important
Playtime is more than a source of amusement for children and their parents.
- Playtime is more than a source of amusement for children and their parents. It teaches toddlers social skills, how to pay attention and to use their imagination.
- It's important to offer the child time and toys to help promote growth and development.
- Create a play space that's safe for your child. It should be a place where the child can play freely without the risk of injury, and where you can easily keep an eye on your child.
- Even simple toys can encourage imagination and wonder. Examples include blocks, crayons, plastic dishware, and pots and pans.
- And don't forget to include activities outside the home, such as a story hour at the local library, a trip to the playground.