Is your child wetting the bed?
Bed wetting is common in young children who are learning to control the need to urinate during sleep.
- Bed wetting is common in young children who are learning to control the need to urinate during sleep. It may be due to a family history of bed wetting.
- The child may be having difficulty waking up from sleep or under physical or emotional stress.
- There could be a urinary tract infection causing bed-wetting.
- There may be functional or structural causes leading to wetting. These include a hormonal imbalance or an abnormality that affects the spinal cord, urethral valve in boys or abnormal opening of ureter in girls or boys.
- Reducing fluids before bed and having your child go to the bathroom when starting the bedtime routine (and again just before sleep) will often help reduce bed-wetting.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.