How Do You Think School Safety Should Be Improved?
Schools are an integral part of every child's life. The primary cause of anxiety for many parents today is whether or not their child is safe at school. All children need a safe environment in which to learn and achieve.
Based on an opinion poll, conducted by DoctorNDTV.com in the past, here are a few suggestions from our website visitors:
- Government of India has to define rules & regulations before giving permission to set up schools. Schools should have a minimum of 10 to 15 acres of land. The buildings should have well cross ventilation and there should not be more than two floors. Kitchen and pantry must be away from the classrooms and there should be good playground for the children.
- Before approving license for schools, buildings must be inspected for proper exit points, fire fighting devices, and proper trained personnel to fight fire. The teachers too could be trained in fire fighting. The approach roads should have proper access for fire tenders. No material that is inflammable should be used in school buildings. Teachers with great presence of mind must be appointed! School buildings should have enough emergency exits and supply of water and sand for fire-fighting.
- A safety committee should be mandatory comprising of teachers, parents and students. They should meet regularly and discuss problems and implement decisions, impart training to self and others. They could also convey difficult problems to higher authorities.
- India should have a system of encouraging neighbourhood schools, like the US, and make buses mandatory for all these schools.
- Schools should be free from inflammable and toxic materials, if storage of fuel for cooking meals was inevitable, it should be stored safely.
- Security can be increased in schools if the concerned authorities wake up and take some stringent action after the Kumbakonam tragedy so that the entire nation gets to know about it.
- Teachers needed to be sensitised to their responsibility for safety and well-being of their students.
- The safety aspect in schools can be improved if all the government Institutions join hands and combat the same, for which the central and state governments should not hesitate to contribute generously.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.