Treating ankle sprain
Rest and avoid putting weight on the foot. Elevate it above the level of your hips whenever possible.
- Rest and avoid putting weight on the foot. Elevate it above the level of your hips whenever possible.
- Even a mild sprain can take one or two weeks to heal.
- Apply ice to the ankle as often as possible for the first two or three days following the injury.
- Use an elastic bandage to compress the swelling.
- Take aspirin or an anti-inflammatory medication to relieve pain and reduce swelling. Use crutches or a cane to keep the weight off your foot.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.