Easing muscle spasms
Muscle cramps and spasms involve a sudden, involuntary contraction and tightening of a muscle.
- Drinking plenty of fluids and drinks containing electrolytes help heal muscle cramps.
- Gently massage the area, while gradually and easily stretching out the muscle.
- Apply an ice pack on the cramping muscle.
- Use an analgesic balm for reducing pain and swelling.
- If nothing helps, consult a physician.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.