Top Hacks: 7 Skin Care Tips and Tricks
Your skin is a magnifying glass for all bodily defects and problems. Save your skin from the environment, temperature and diseases with our simple skin care tips and tricks.
Skin care tip: Make sure you use a sunscreen even when you can't see the sun
- Sleep undisturbed for 6-8 hrs to prevent eye bags, patchy skin
- Eat almonds to fight natural oxidation that can lead to wrinkles
- Prevent getting stressed as it can cause hormonal imbalance
- Sleep more. Inadequate sleep can lead to scary and dark eye bags under your skin. Make sure you sleep for at least 6-8 hours every night and limit any activity that prevents a good night's sleep.
- Stay sun protected. The UV rays of the sun can be extremely damaging for your body. To prevent premature ageing of your skin, always wear a sunscreen (even if you can't see the sun). And choose the ones with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Massage gently. Whether it rubbing lotion on your arms, legs or face, don't vigorously apply it. Instead, gently run your fingers in a circular motion to increase blood circulation in the area and hydrate your skin well.
- Almonds are great. Inflammation, that occurs in our body naturally due to oxidation can cause fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin. Nuts like almonds have essential amino acids that fight skin infection and inflammation.
- Stock up on Vitamin C. The inner state of your body's organs can show up on your skin. And very less foods are as good for your heart, liver and kidney as citrus ones. Include oranges, lemons and grapes in your diet.
- De-stress. Being overtly stressed can spike the production of hormones like cortisol that can interfere with your hormonal balance and cause excessive sweating and even psoriasis. You can perform breathing exercises, take a walk in the park or find a support group to relieve your stress.
- If you have pigmentation, swelling or infections on your skin, use ice compresses or even vegetables stored in the freezer like peas to soothe the skin. This is particularly effective to fight eczema.
Also read: Smoking can lead to these painful skin infections