Who can be an organ donor?
There are no age limits on who can be an organ donor.
- There are no age limits on who can be an organ donor. Newborns as well as senior citizens have been organ donors.
- If you are younger than 18 years, you must have a parent's or guardian's consent.
- If you are 18 years or older, you can show you want to be an organ and tissue donor by signing a donor card.
- If you want to be an organ donor, make sure your family knows your wishes.
- Your family may be asked to sign a consent form in order for your donation to occur.