Who can be an organ donor?
There are no age limits on who can be an organ donor.
- There are no age limits on who can be an organ donor. Newborns as well as senior citizens have been organ donors.
- If you are younger than 18 years, you must have a parent's or guardian's consent.
- If you are 18 years or older, you can show you want to be an organ and tissue donor by signing a donor card.
- If you want to be an organ donor, make sure your family knows your wishes.
- Your family may be asked to sign a consent form in order for your donation to occur.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.