Caring for your bowels
An illness or injury can affect the nerves that help control your bowels, sometimes resulting in diarrhoea, constipation.
- Schedule a time each day to try to have a bowel movement.
- Opportune times may include just after a meal, or after your morning shower.
- Don't rush the process. Relax and be patient, and make sure you wait up to 45 minutes, if necessary.
- Gently rubbing your belly may help stools pass through the colon.
- Always use the toilet as soon as you feel the need to move your bowels. Don't wait.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.