Mangoes - To Eat Or Not To Eat? Health Benefits Of Mangoes
Summers are here and so are mangoes! We all have childhood memeories attached to mangoes. it is the most favorite memory but nowadays a lot of poeple avoid eating mangoes as muh as thye would loe to et.
Celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar, the woman behind Kareena Kapoor's size zero often shares diet and fitness tips on her social pages. She believes in anything but rapid results and fad diets. She encourages seasonal and local foods. Now that summer has hit the country and we all are getting summer headaches, acidity and dehydration, Rujuta has shared some very valuable tips for her followers.
Health Benefits Of Mangoes
1. Lowers cholesterol - Mango is extremely rich in vitamin C, pectin and fiber that helps to lower the cholesterol levels. This helps in keeping our heart healthy.
2. Excellent for the eyes - A cup of sliced mangoes constitutes 25 percent of the vitamin A content. Vitamin A is excellent for keeping our eyes healthy and prevents night-blindness and dry eyes.
3. Alkalines the body - The acids including malic acid, tartaric acid and some citric acid present in the fruit help to maintain the alkaline content in the body.
4. Fights heat stroke - Juice made from green mango with water added with some sweetener helps the body to cool down from the excess heat present outdoors. It keeps the body cool and does not let you get exhausted easily.
5. Boosts the immune system - A considerate amount of vitamin A and vitamin C in mango with 25 different kinds of carotenoids helps keep your immune system super strong and prevents the body from falling sick.