How much water should exercisers have?
Drinking plenty of water is important, particularly among people who exercise vigorously.
- Two or three hours before you start to exercise, drink 17-to-20 ounces or half a litre of water.
- Twenty to 30 minutes prior to exercise, or while you're warming up, drink another eight ounces.
- While you're exercising, drink seven-to-10 ounces or quarter a litre every 10 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Within 30 minutes of completing your workout, make sure you drink another eight ounces.
- Avoid drinking water just after having food.