How much water should exercisers have?
Drinking plenty of water is important, particularly among people who exercise vigorously.
- Two or three hours before you start to exercise, drink 17-to-20 ounces or half a litre of water.
- Twenty to 30 minutes prior to exercise, or while you're warming up, drink another eight ounces.
- While you're exercising, drink seven-to-10 ounces or quarter a litre every 10 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Within 30 minutes of completing your workout, make sure you drink another eight ounces.
- Avoid drinking water just after having food.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.