Get Rid Of Dark Circles With These Remedies
Dark circles are caused by many of the factors like lack of sleep, stress and some deficiencies. But the good news is that these can be treated.
Dark circles can be treated
What causes dark circles?
- Aging: As we grow older, we lose some of the fat and collagen surrounding our eyes. This loss, combined with the thinning of our skin, magnifies the appearance of dark eye circles.
- It can be genetic: Hereditary and genetics can also play a big role in the development and dominance of dark circles around the eyes.
- Nutritional deficiency: Dark circle around the eyes can be due to poor nutrition. A healthy and nutritious diet filled with vitamins like A, C, K, E and nutrients can help to get rid of dark circles.
- Lack of sleep: Sleep deprivation results in pale skin and makes blood under the skin become more visible and appear more blue or darker
- Stress: Most people who are very stressed out also have sleep problems which can develop dark circles.
- Long working hours on computer: Long hours in front of the computer can lead to eye stress and dark circles
- Lack of water intake: you should drink atleast 10-12 glasses of water
- Anemia: Anemia is a condition that develops when your blood lacks enough healthy red blood cells or hemoglobin. It can also lead to development of dark circles.
Some simple home remedies to get rid of dark circle:
1. Tomatoes: Tomatoes naturally help to decrease dark circles and also make the skin soft and supple.mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it under your eyes. Let it remain for about 10 minutes and then, wash it off with water. Repeat this twice a day.
2. Cold tea bags: Soak a tea bag preferably a chamomile or green tea bags in water. Chill it by placing it in the refrigerator for a while. Place them over your eyes. Use this remedy on a regular basis.
3. Grated potatoes: Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes. Make sure they cover the entire area of the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water. Repeat once or twice a day.You can also place thick potato slices on your eyes to remove dark circles.
4.Cucumber: Cucumbers have skin-lightening properties.Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. place the slices on your dark circles for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice day
6. Rose water: Rose watercan be used to get rid of dark circles fast. Soak cotton balls in rose water and place them on the dark circles. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with cold water later.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.