Understanding social anxiety disorder
Social anxiety disorder is characterised by extreme anxiety and self-consciousness in social situations.
- Feelings of extreme self-consciousness around others.
- Excessive fear that others are watching and judging you.
- Excessive fear of embarrassment.
- Worry that persists long before an event actually occurs.
- Physical symptoms stemming from anxiety, including sweating, feeling nauseous, shaking and blushing.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.