Tips for dealing with stress
Practicing deep breathing exercises, eating healthy and meditating can cut out stress.
- Deep breathing exercises - Take at least 10 breaths in and out. Hold that deep breath as long as you can then exhale. Do this every morning and whenever you feel stressed out.
- Exercise - Exercise is a great stress reliever. Go for a walk, get on the treadmill or your cycle, join a gym or go for jogging. Physical activities like these make you feel good about yourself and thus cut out stress.
- Eat healthy - Fresh fruits, juices, salads and veggies make you feel energised. Avoid a high fat, high carbohydrate diet that doubles your troubles.
- Get enough sleep - An eight hour sleep is must to keep your mind and body stress-free. But, be cautious of oversleeping as it depletes our energy.
- Follow your passions - When feeling highly stressed out, it's best to indulge in your passions. Go out for a movie, meet your friends, read your favorite book or go for a spa.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.