Dealing with separation anxiety
Never leave your baby with a stranger while the baby is aged 8 months to 1 year.
- Never leave your baby with a stranger while the baby is aged 8 months to 1 year. This is when separation anxiety most commonly begins.
- Try not to leave your child when the youngster is very tired or hungry.
- Practice leaving the youngster with someone new for short stints, then extend those periods.
- Stay relaxed and calm, and be consistent in your drop-off routine. This will help your child understand that although you are leaving, you will be back.
- Always come back to get your child at the promised time. Don't allow crying or tantrums to deter you from leaving.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.