Dealing with separation anxiety
Never leave your baby with a stranger while the baby is aged 8 months to 1 year.
- Never leave your baby with a stranger while the baby is aged 8 months to 1 year. This is when separation anxiety most commonly begins.
- Try not to leave your child when the youngster is very tired or hungry.
- Practice leaving the youngster with someone new for short stints, then extend those periods.
- Stay relaxed and calm, and be consistent in your drop-off routine. This will help your child understand that although you are leaving, you will be back.
- Always come back to get your child at the promised time. Don't allow crying or tantrums to deter you from leaving.