Disciplining your child
If you want your child to do something, try to time your request so that it does not interrupt him while he is doing something else.
- Identify the problem and involve your child in seeking a solution. In this way he will feel that you are both on the same side.
- If you want your child to do something, try to time your request so that it does not interrupt him while he is doing something else. This is one way of avoiding conflict.
- If your child is not very happy about change, give him adequate notice so that he knows what to expect and is willing to cooperate.
- Be assertive when asking your child to do something. You are not asking them for a favour. Also, make clear the consequences of non-compliance.
- Keep in mind that your requests should be reasonable. Praise your child when he is cooperative and well behaved.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.