Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why am I suffering from high blood pressure?

Why am I suffering from high blood pressure?

Q: I am a 35 years old male suffering from high uric acid (7.4) since a few years. I took Zyloric 300 for a month after which my uric acid level came to 5.1. Now again, I am suffering from high uric acid level (7.2) and am taking Zyloric 300 and Alkacitron (Sodium acid citrate) syrup. In the mean time, my blood pressure went high to 160/100 mm/Hg. What causes high blood pressure? Is it linked to the medicine?

A:As you know that you are suffering with high uric acid and gouty arthritis, your rise in blood pressure could be due to the urate nephropathy. You are requested to get your renal functions and ultrasound of KUB (kidney, ureter and bladder) for any abnormality in the renal system. As such hypertension is found more often in patients of hyperuricaemia. You may also require long term treatment of hyperuricaemia with hypouricosuric drugs such as Zyloric. It would be better, if you meet a rheumatologist for this purpose.

Meghalaya Gets Its First AMRIT Pharmacy

A first of its kind in Meghalaya, the Affordable Medicines and Retail Implants for Treatment (AMRIT) Pharmacy was inaugrated on Thursday by the State Health Minister Roshan Warjri, at a Civil Hospital in Shillong.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.