Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What to do for low BP?

What to do for low BP?

Q: I have a permanent low BP (at times it becomes 94/66), but sometimes I get headaches just above an eyebrow and shoulders and lower back side of my head. Two days back I suddenly felt very uncomfortable along with the above symptoms and vomiting I also had cold sweating. Could it be due to low BP? I am a professor and have a good sitting posture. Please tell me what to do as I have also started feeling tired and irritated over the past 2 months.

A:Unfortunately, you have not given any details about yourself, not even your age. BP has a linear relationship with age. You say that your BP has been permanently low. How permanent is your permanent? When was it first measured and how frequently is it being measured? Do you have any dizziness, and if so, is it worse on standing? How is your appetite and weight? What was your parents BP like? Knowing that you are a professor, I'd imagine that you are in your thirties or forties. A BP of 90/66 is certainly low for that age but not if it has always been in that region, and if it does not give you any symptoms such as dizziness, sweating and nausea. I think the best thing you can do is to consult a competent doctor who will examine you and do a few investigations as he/she deems fit. You should have your BP monitored and documented on a chart together with any associated symptoms.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com