Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What precautions should be taken for diabetes?

What precautions should be taken for diabetes?

Q: I am a 35 years old man having high blood pressure for the last 12 years. Recently I have tested positive for diabetes. What precautions should I take?

A:The most crucial aspect is a lifestyle change - regular exercise, low fat, low salt and low sugar in the diet.

1. No smoking.
  2. Take medicines regularly.
  3. Monitor your blood sugar and blood pressure.
  4. Keep a check on the lipid profile especially the LDL cholesterol, which should be kept below 70 mg/dl.
You will be advised regular monitoring of urine test especially micro-albuminuria, regular eye check-up etc. Follow your doctor's advice religiously.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.