Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Will medical insurance cover the expense of my existing illness?

Will medical insurance cover the expense of my existing illness?

Q: I underwent a kidney transplant operation and am on immunosuppressive drugs for kidney survival. I have to take medicines for the rest of my life, which are very expensive. They cost around AED. 3000/- per month. I am not able to afford the medical expenses. What kind of medical insurance will help me for this medicines?

A:Any new insurance that you take will not cover pre-existing illness or treatment thereof. Therefore, such medication will not be covered for benefits. An insurance policy is granted to cover probable illness and treatment in a future date, not when such a claim is sure to come. There are business considerations rather than charitable ones in insurance.