Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why does my vision get blurred while reading?

Why does my vision get blurred while reading?

Q: I am 26 years old, suffering from blurred vision. Sometimes, while reading books, my vision gets blurred and I have to close my eyes at that time before proceeding further. Though this happens only sometimes, I have been facing this problem since my childhood. The doctor said that this might be due to vitamin deficiency. Otherwise, I have a good vision. Please advise.

A:You either have slight hypermetropia (long sightedness) or extraocular muscle weakness, which decompensates after some time and gets better after some rest. See an optometrist or an eye specialist and you may need some glasses, which will control this condition. In any case, it is not serious and you don't need to worry about it.