Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why do I get vaginal boils before my monthly periods?

Why do I get vaginal boils before my monthly periods?

Q: I am a 35 years old female getting recurrent boils in the vaginal area for the past 5 years. The boils usually come up before my monthly periods and take about 8 to 10 days or sometimes more to go away. Once the boil is ripe, either pus or blood comes out. It is extremely painful. No antibiotics have given any relief. What is the reason for getting these boils and what is the best remedy? Also, I get periods only for two days and the flow is very poor.

A:Recurrent pustules in the genital and adjacent area may be due to bacterial infection and even due to an uncommon condition called hidradenitis suppurativa. Careful examination by a competent person and relevant investigation should enable a correct diagnosis. Sometimes secondary superimposed bacterial infection complicates the latter. If it has been determined that the problem is only a bacterial infection, then the predisposing and perpetuating conditions should be sought and eliminated so that recurrence can be avoided.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.