Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is the use of Thrombophob ointment?

What is the use of Thrombophob ointment?

Q: I am a 37 years old woman and had a wisdom tooth extracted recently. After extraction, the doctor injected Voueran 3 ml and Decdan 2 ml on my hand and hips. Next day in the morning I noticed a blood clot on all the 3 injected areas, which was spreading slowly. After a week it slowly started reducing and vanished in 2 weeks time. The doctor prescribed Thrombophob ointment, which I didn't apply because the blood clot dissolved by itself. Am I suffering from thrombo-embolic disorder as the ointment name is similar?

A:It is uncommon for clots to appear at sites of intramuscular injections that too at all the sites. On other hand you have not complained of excessive bleeding when tooth was removed. Hence you could not be suffering from bleeding tendency. However when surgery is done then certain tests (such as bleeding, coagulation etc) will be routinely done; hence you need not worry about them. Thrombophob ointment was prescribed to dissolve the clot. It is not meant for thrombo-embolic disorder, which is quite different.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.