Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is the treatment for hole in the retina?

What is the treatment for hole in the retina?

Q: I am 56 years old. I recently went for an eye check up and the doctor referred me to a retinal institute. He said that I have an idiopathic macular hole grade 3 in the right eye. What is the remedy for this? I am a heart patient as well.

A:If it is confirmed that you have a macular hole, then depending on amount of loss of central vision, you could have surgery to make it better, but result may not be very satisfactory. If the vision loss is not bothering you, then you can leave things alone. If the hole is large, it could get worse in which case, I would advise you to see what your retinal specialist says.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com